In my short time of blogging, nearly a year now, I have received a few awards. I never seem to get around to accepting them, so today I’m making the time to say…thank you to Craftynail for nominating me for a Shine On award.
Here are the ‘Shine On’ Award rules:
1. Display the award logo to your blog
2. Show appreciation by acknowledging the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in your post
3. Share 7 random, interesting things about yourself
4. Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and would like to pass this award to (making sure to link to their blog in your post)
5. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know
So 7 random things about me…
1. I didn’t learn to swim til I was 18 and then I taught myself. I’m still a pretty poor swimmer and there is no way I would go into the surf!
2.I really like dressing up and if I could I would dress as a pirate, all day, every day!
3. I went to University and studied art, by major was drawing. I never completed the course as my figure drawing was weak and I ended up failing. This put me off art for many years, until I discovered nails!
4. I lived and worked on a tropical island in the Whitsundays for 4 years.
5.I cut my own hair according to the moon, I know, weird right?? But if it can affect tides and plant growth, surely it can affect hair growth. This is a continual science project which I’m yet to decide if it works or not.
6. I am currently studying to be a …. nail tech!!!
7. I love dance music, at the moment Melbourne Bounce. It’s happy and energetic. I also come from Melbourne.
15 blogs in no particular order that I enjoy reading among others are….
4.The Polished Playground
5. Lady Lacquer
8. Copycat Claws
9. The Adorned Claw
10. Nail Luxxe
11. My Adventures in Nail Art
12. Piggie Luv
13. Lacquer or Leave her
14. The Nailinator
15. Nails by Laynopaul
When I first started blogging I read a post on blogging etiquette, it said don’t spam others. As in leave your blog link when you make a comment, as people have worked hard on their blogs. To hell with that I say! If you would like me and others to check your blog out, then please leave your link below. Maybe you are new to blogging and just want people to stop by, they will visit again if they like what they see. It can be a blog about anything, photography, exercise, cooking, craft. Just tell us what it is you blog about and leave your link!! Hope to discover some new blogs this way, share the love!